Best known for:
Powder skiing in fresh snow 3 or 4 days after the last snow fall!
Sheltered terrain that captures the snow and keeps the bad weather at bay.
Our laid-back, social community atmosphere.
Long, reliable seasons and great skiing in low snow years.
Unique access to the field via our alpine rail, the Tyndall Tram.
Best Kept Secret:
The tranquil, backcountry atmosphere of Allan’s Basin. No ski tows, just you and the endless powder snow.
Mecca for telemark skiers.
Massive sundeck at Palmer Lodge on the field.
Kitchen facilities and BBQ for everyone to use at Palmer Lodge.
Broken River's own craft-brewed beer on tap at Palmer Lodge.
On-mountain accommodation - 10 minutes walk from the slopes and those first tracks.
The "slow" button which instantly slows the speed of the Rugby/Access Tow.
Our Family Lift Pass.
Our own craft beer - Broken River Lager.
Telemark Off-Piste Skills Course.
Ski and Fly camps.
Our special ski week 6 night/7 day package - with discount accommodation and lift rates. Book our Catered package which includes 3 complimentary group ski lessons. Find out more details here.
Other Broken River Highlights:
- Great best off-piste riding.
- An experience that is a little different and special.
- A unique part of Kiwi ski culture - the friendly atmosphere, small, intimate and no lift lines.
- Unique ski area managed & maintained by Club members.
- "the friendly one" as described by powderhounds.com - friendly staff and patrons.
- A slice of paradise. Awesome terrain.
- Tranquil atmosphere & superb untracked backcountry bowls.
- Reliable snow with regular falls of powder.
- Stunning scenery in every direction.
- Excellent, affordable ski and snowboard instruction with internationally-qualified instructors.