Opening Later This Week

Great news - we've had 18cms of snow since yesterday morning and we're aiming to open later in the week! We're aiming to open on Saturday, or possibly Friday.

Up high on the field conditions and coverage are excellent, with an average covering of approx. 70cm. However, the snowpack thins below 1600m. Around Palmer Lodge (1525m) we have 18cm with less snow below that. Low down coverage is thin and early season conditions and hazards (tussocks and rocks) exist.

We might possibly open on Friday 15th but it will depend on conditions, temperatures and how the snow holds up over the next couple of days. You'll need to check the snow report.

Can't wait to get those boards under foot and get sliding down the slopes.

Looking forward to seeing you all up on the mountain very soon!

12/08/2014 2:50pm